Tue, November 19 2013
#GivingTuesday is just two weeks away—is your nonprofit ready?
While some organizations have been planning their #GivingTuesday campaigns for quite some time, if your nonprofit’s still wondering how to get in on the fun, don’t worry. There’s still time to participate and kick off December with a boost in donor activity. Some ways to get started:
1. Sign up. Registered 501(c)3 organizations can visit GivingTuesday.org to become an official partner organization and find ways to get involved.
2. Set a clear goal. Figure out what you want to accomplish on #GivingTuesday and set a goal that you can measure.
3. Get your emails and social media updates ready. Craft a few emails to rally your supporters to give along with their peers on December 3. Use social media to keep the excitement going and encourage fans to spread the word. You can join the conversation by using hashtag #GivingTuesday.
4. Make it easy for your supporters to give. Create clear calls to action so donors don’t have to wonder what you want them to do. Then, remove all of the roadblocks to giving by streamlining your donation process and enabling your donors to give via mobile.
5. Make it easy for your supporters to share. Offer easy and ubiquitous social sharing options on your donation pages and content, along with pre-programmed updates that your community can share with their networks to inspire even more participation.
Ready to make #GivingTuesday your own? Here are some resources to help you make the most of this day of giving and connect with your supporters:
• Learn how to get the most out of #GivingTuesday from GreatNonprofits
• Check out the amazing Giving Day Playbook from the Knight Foundation.
• Our friends at HubSpot have 12 tips for amplifying your #GivingTuesday campaign.
• The folks at GivingTuesday.ca offer some great ideas for 6 super-simple social media campaigns.
• Find (and share) even more resources in John Haydon’s Ultimate #GivingTuesday Checklist.
What are your plans for #GivingTuesday? Let us know in the comments below!