- Fri, January 07 2011
- Filed under: Fundraising essentials
Nonprofit marketing friends and fundraisers, now is a great time to get your online donate form fit for the year!
Remember - it should…
1. Be as short as possible - ideally one page and a minimum of fields
2. Be branded to your organization (it performs better if it is; worse if it’s not)
3. Have one clear call to action on (Donate! Or, Become a member!)
4. If you have copy on why to give/where the money goes, keep it very, very short. You don’t want someone who has clicked on a Donate button and arrived at this page ready to give plowing through three paragraphs before putting in their billing information. (I see this all the time - big mistake.)
5. Be easy to read
6.Â Have recurring gifts well positioned
7. Provide a warm on online thank you after the donation (and send an email receipt automatically)
8. Be easy to share (someone can easily tell someone else about your organization after they donate)
And you should know what happens on the page. Place web analytics on your form so you know what people do when they’re there. Set and test different donation amounts!
Shameless plug: If you don’t have a donation page that does all this, contact Network for Good!