- Wed, October 12 2011
- Filed under: Partnerships
Network for Good has a free new eGuide out from my colleague Kate Olsen. How to Help: 5 Steps to Effective Corporate Disaster Relief Campaigns provides insights gleaned from ten years of powering disaster donations for nonprofits and corporate partners at Network for Good.
While this eGuide is intended for a corporate audience, it’s worth a peek. In times of disasters, whether local or international, companies may want to work with your organization to provide assistance. It helps to understand your potential partners’ perspective and best practices for working together.
And Kate offers these tips for picking your corporate partners. You should seek ones who:
• share your values and respect your mission
• value the assets and expertise you bring to the partnership
• invest their resources (beyond dollars) to help with communication, training, program supplies
• hold you accountable for how you use their philanthropic investment
• take a long-term approach to partnership and seek to evolve the relationship over time
• have ties to the community in which you serve (partners can be local, national or global)
• champion your cause and celebrate your partnership’s accomplishments with their employees, customers and stakeholders
Now is the time to start building deeper partnerships with companies. Check out the guide,kate and please feel free to share it with your corporate partners. They can learn more, download the PDF and join the disaster preparedness conversation here.