- Tue, May 11 2010
- Filed under: Marketing essentials
Nonprofit marketing friends: It’s not enough to say what you do or who you are is great. You have to say what makes you unique. And you have to make that concept simple - and ensure it is important to your audience.
1. Your strength. What is your strong suit, or what strength can you create?
2. Your difference: What makes you unique?
3. Simplicity: Is your strength or difference a simply, easily defined concept? At best, you can stand for just one attribute in each audience’s mind, so you want that quality to be clear and memorable.
4. Value to audience: Is the quality you’ve chosen to highlight something your audience careas about? It doesn’t matter if it’s irrelevant or uninteresting to those you want to reach.