- Wed, March 07 2012
- Filed under: Fundraising essentials
1. Make your Donate button easier to find. Don’t make donors search or scroll!
2. Make the reasons to give more enticing. Your financial needs are not enough. Create an appeal around the button that is focused on donors, their interests, and what they get in return for their donation. What tangible change will result if they give?
3. Add a sense of immediacy. Create a sense of urgency for donating by creating a campaign with a goal and deadline, matching grant, or appeal for specific items or programs that are highly tangible.
4. Recognize that getting clicks requires cultivation. While you want someone to donate right away, it’s important to remember that it takes time to cultivate donors. Be sure your website includes a way to capture the email addresses of visitors so that you can build a relationship with them and turn them into donors in the future.