- Fri, April 27 2007
- Filed under: Marketing essentials
To wrap up the week, I offer some last words from Luntz. Here are his 10 commandments of messaging. Bottom line: be able to explain what you do in one visual, compelling, intriguing sentence or phrase.
1. Simplicity is key. What one word or phrase captures your work?
2. Brevity: Keep it short, always.
3. Credibility matters more than ever.
4. Consistency is vital - stick to your message, and make your message sticky.
5. Novelty: be fresh and use fresh language and stories.
6. Sound and texture matter.
7. Speak aspirationally.
8. Be visual. Have one great picture that tells your story.
9. Ask a question. Start conversations, not monologues.
10. Provide context. Explain why your mission matters to your audience.