- Wed, July 11 2012
- Filed under: Marketing essentials
If I had to apply this to nonprofits, I’d modify this a bit. Our mistake is rarely too much advertising instead of content marketing - because we can’t afford ads!
Here are the top nonprofit variations of these errors:
1. Me-me messaging: The corollary of too much advertising on social media with for-profits is too much promotional content on social media. Does your content read like an ad?
2. Lackluster content: Not enough new, interesting stories about the difference your work makes in the world.
3. No personality: Talking like an organization instead of a person working for your cause.
4. No action: Failing to provide simple, clear and easy calls to action.
5. Writing off email: It’s still powerful and important. Are you efforts reflecting that?